Sustainable Steel Cups
Steel Cups are a popular trend but the price can sometimes be cost-prohibitive for many brands - not anymore! Our Sustainable Cups are manufactured in the USA and made from steel making it great for the environment; all at a fraction of the cost of our competitors. Since the cans are made from steel, they are more likely to be picked-up/sorted by magnets on the way into a landfill giving steel one of the highest recycled rates (as opposed to simply being recyclable but not actually being recycled - see the image below).
Our Steel Cups are produced with abundant and recycled materials, minimizing the depletion of natural resources. Steel and aluminum cans are the nation’s most recycled food and beverage containers.
The result of all that recycling? Less pollution, reduced costs and a steady supply of resources for years to come—the very definition of sustainability.
Click here to read the full article about the advantages of steel cups and why they are better than plastic!
How Recycling Steel Saves
- Natural Resources - very ton of recycled steel saves 3,600 pounds of CO2, 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 1,400 pounds of coal and 120 pounds of limestone.
- Energy - Recycling one ton of aluminum conserves more than 207 million BTUs – the equivalent of 36 barrels of oil or 1,665 gallons of gasoline.
- Reduces Waste - Making new steel products from recycled steel reduces water use by 40%, water pollution by 76%, air pollution by 86% and mining waste by 97%.
They are 100% Recyclable
- 80–90% of all steel ever produced is still in use today (World Steel, 2011).
- Nearly 75% of all aluminum ever produced is still in use today.
- Steel Cups have a 71% recycling rate, which is the highest compared to all other cups.